- 1 Is there a Chinese word for no?
- 2 How do you refuse in Chinese?
- 3 Is it rude to say no in China?
- 4 Is Nin a Chinese name?
- 5 What Ni hao ma means?
- 6 How do you reply to Xie Xie?
- 7 What is mei you in Mandarin?
- 8 What is your name in Chinese?
- 9 Why is it important for a non Chinese to know how the Chinese say no?
- 10 How do you indirectly say no?
- 11 What is Italian for no?
- 12 How do you say no people?
- 13 What is a Chinese ninja called?
- 14 What does ni ne mean in Chinese?
Is there a Chinese word for no?
不可以(bù kěyǐ) is another phrase that can be used to say “no” in Chinese. It consists of 可以(kěyǐ), which can be translated as “can” or “may,” and the negative character 不(bù).
How do you refuse in Chinese?
How To Politely Decline An Invitation In Chinese
- 1. ” 我们下一次在去吧 (wǒ men xià yī cì zài qù ba)” “Let’s go next time.”
- 2. ” 真的不用(了) zhēn de bù yòng (Le).” “Really, there’s no need.”
- 5. ” 我今天没有空 Wǒ jīn tiān méi yǒu kòng” “I don’t have time today.”
Is it rude to say no in China?
If you’re at all familiar with Chinese language and culture, you may already understand that it’s considered rude to say “no” in Chinese or to directly refuse an offer. In fact, there is no word in Mandarin Chinese that is the exact equivalent to the word “no” in English.
Is Nin a Chinese name?
Nin is a last name commonly found in United States among its Chinese community. It is the transliteration of a Chinese surname meaning: year, grain, harvest (old).
What Ni hao ma means?
“ How are you ” is the most common way to greet people in English, therefore it’s natural for an English speaker to ask a Chinese how to say “how are you?” Well, literally translating “how are you” into Chinese is “ni hao ma”. You get what you ask for. But sadly, what you want is not always what you need.
How do you reply to Xie Xie?
As we know, you should answer ” bu keqi 不客气” (you’re welcome) when someone said “xiè xie” to you. However, many Chinese answered “bu yong xie” instead. “bu yong xie” means “you don’t need to say thank you to me”.
What is mei you in Mandarin?
没有 ( méi yǒu ) in Mandarin means haven’t, hasn’t, doesn’t exist, to not have, and to not be.
What is your name in Chinese?
In Chinese, when you want to know someone’s name, you can say “ Nǐ jiào shénme míngzi? ” It means “what’s your name?” In this sentence, “jiào” is a verb, which means ‘be called”. “Shénme” means “what”. “Míngzi” means “name”. When you answer this question you may use, “Wǒ jiào” plus name.
Why is it important for a non Chinese to know how the Chinese say no?
Second, understanding the Chinese indirect methods of refusal can allow Western business people to apply them to their own conversations and negotiations with the Chinese. By saying no in the Chinese way, the feelings of the Chinese can be spared, allowing for a more effective working relationship.
How do you indirectly say no?
Examples of how to do this include:
- Hmmm, interesting. Let me think about it, and I’ll let you know.
- I won’t have the time for a month or two.
- Those dates don’t work for me.
- My calendar is already full, but if something opens up, I’ll give you a call.
- I’d like to help you, but I don’t know how.
What is Italian for no?
The Italian words for Yes is Sì, and the Italian word for No is No! Find out how to pronounce them in this free Italian lesson.
How do you say no people?
Here’s how to say no with less stress and guilt—it really can be this simple.
- Just Say “I’m Sorry—I Can’t Do This Right Now”
- Give Yourself Time.
- Say Yes to Something Else.
What is a Chinese ninja called?
Shinobi And Ninja Mean The Same Thing Ninja stems from Chinese, but it’s pronunciation changed after it was adopted into Japanese (ninja translates to “one who endures”). Shinobi on the other hand, is a homegrown Japanese term.
What does ni ne mean in Chinese?
This is often equivalent to saying “and …? “, “what about …?” or “how about …?” in English. Some examples: 你呢？ Nǐ ne? And you?