- 1 How do you reply to bonjour?
- 2 Is bonjour hello or hi?
- 3 How do you say Hai in French?
- 4 What is the French greeting kiss called?
- 5 How do you say hello in a cute way?
- 6 How do you reply allez vous?
- 7 How do you reply to Ca va?
- 8 Can I say bonjour at night?
- 9 How do people say hello in Paris?
- 10 What’s your name in French?
- 11 Does Hai mean yes?
How do you reply to bonjour?
After you greet someone in French with bonjour or salut and you both make your introductions, you can say enchanté(e), which means “pleased to meet you”. The literal translation of this word is “delighted” or “enchanted”, you’re saying that you’re delighted to meet this person. If you’re male, say enchanté.
Is bonjour hello or hi?
1 – Bonjour: the Most Common Way to say hello in French Saying “bonjour” has to be the most common way of saying hello in French.
How do you say Hai in French?
1. “Hi” in French – Salut! Just as commonly used, but a bit more informal, Salut is what we could call Bonjour’s cool kid. Meaning “hi”, “hello” or sometimes even “bye”, Salut is the informal French greeting you can use with family and friends but not with your boss or teacher.
What is the French greeting kiss called?
PARIS—In cafés, in offices and almost everywhere in between, it has always been perfectly normal in France to greet people by touching their face with your face. La bise, as the customary double cheek kiss is known, is so deeply entrenched in French life that it is deployed as casually as a handshake.
How do you say hello in a cute way?
Here are some cute ways to say hi:
- “Hey, cutie! How’s it going?”
- “Hey there, beautiful! What have you been up to so far today?”
- “Hey, lovely! How was your day?”
How do you reply allez vous?
How to respond. The response is almost the same as with “Comment allez-vous?” You say “ Je vais bien, et toi?” (“I am doing well, and you?”). If you’re doing so-so, you can respond “Comme ci comme ça” (“So-so”) in both informal and formal situations.
How do you reply to Ca va?
As with English, French people tend to reply to Ça va? with a positive response – Bien, or Bien, merci – much the same way as we would use fine in English. The following responses are polite enough for a new acquaintance, but general enough for a good friend, too: Très bien, merci.
Can I say bonjour at night?
” Bonjour “—The Most Common Greeting It’s a flexible, all-purpose term: You use it to greet people in the morning, afternoon, or evening. Bonjour is always polite, and it works in any situation.
How do people say hello in Paris?
Simple French greetings will serve you well on your trip to Paris. And don’t forget, politeness counts! Polite Parisians always end their greetings with either Madame, Monsieur or Mademoiselle. Therefore, “hello” is always ” bonjour, madame” or “bonjour, monsieur”.
What’s your name in French?
If you’d like to say “What is your name?” in French, you generally have two options. To pose the question formally, you’d say “ Comment vous-appelez vous? Speaking informally, you can simply ask “Comment t’appelles-tu?”
Does Hai mean yes?
Another superconvenient polite Japanese word everyone should know is “hai.” Most people know that hai means yes, but hai can also mean much more than yes. Sometimes, for example, it is also used as a polite term of acknowledgement.