- 1 How do you greet people in the morning in Chinese?
- 2 How do you say good morning in Cantonese?
- 3 What are the four common greetings in Mandarin?
- 4 What can I say instead of good morning?
- 5 How do you respond to Ni Hao?
- 6 How do the Chinese greet each other?
- 7 What is a traditional Chinese greeting?
- 8 Which is easier Cantonese or Mandarin?
- 9 What does lay Ho Ma mean?
- 10 Can a Cantonese speaker understand Mandarin?
- 11 What are the basic Chinese words?
- 12 What is basic Mandarin?
- 13 What are some cool Chinese words?
How do you greet people in the morning in Chinese?
Before diving in, it’s important to keep a couple of Chinese phrasings in mind: the character 早 (zǎo) means “early” in Chinese. It is often used in morning greetings. Both 早安 (zǎo ān) and 早上好 (zǎo shang hǎo) mean “good morning.” Sometimes, just a quick 早 is a colloquial way of saying good morning.
How do you say good morning in Cantonese?
So, first things first—how do you say “good morning” in Cantonese? 早 means “early” and 晨 means “dawn,” but together, 早晨 means “good morning.” We use this phrase excessively in the morning.
What are the four common greetings in Mandarin?
12 Common Ways to Say “Hi” in Chinese
- 你好 | Nĭhǎo | Hello!
- 您好 | Nínhǎo | Hello (polite)
- 大家好 | Dàjiā hǎo | Hello everybody!
- 老师好 | Lǎoshī hǎo | Hello, teacher!
- 下午好 | Xiàwǔhǎo | Good afternoon!
- 晚上好 | Wǎnshànghǎo | Good evening!
- 早 | Zǎo | Good morning (informal)
- 喂 | Wéi | Hello (used when answering the phone)
What can I say instead of good morning?
synonyms for good morning
- buenos dias.
- good morrow.
How do you respond to Ni Hao?
To answer the question “你好吗 （nǐ hǎo mā）？”, Chinese usually say “我很好（wǒ hěn hǎo） ”, instead of “我好 (wǒ hǎo)”.
How do the Chinese greet each other?
Handshakes are the standard, casual greeting. The grip tends to be lighter than the Western handshake and is also sustained for longer. In formal situations, people bow slightly or nod politely to greet one another formally.
What is a traditional Chinese greeting?
Common Greeting in China The most common form of greeting in China is “ni hao”, usually translated as “Good day” but literally meaning “You are well”. The same greeting phrased as a question (How are you?) is “ni hao ma”. The response is usually “ni hao”.
Which is easier Cantonese or Mandarin?
Mandarin is easier to learn Cantonese is seen to be more difficult because it has from 6 to 9 tones, each of which signify different things (while Mandarin only has 4 tones). In addition, because of its greater prevalence, it is easier to find Mandarin study materials than Cantonese study materials.
What does lay Ho Ma mean?
Lay Ho Ma, pronounced lay ho ma. I’m Very Good (Mandarin)
Can a Cantonese speaker understand Mandarin?
No, they are completely different languages. Although Cantonese and Mandarin have many similarities, they are not mutually intelligible. This means that, presuming one has no significant exposure or training, a speaker of Mandarin will understand little to nothing of Cantonese and vice-versa.
What are the basic Chinese words?
Basic Mandarin Chinese Words and Phrases
- Hello: Nǐhǎo (Nee how)
- Thank you: Xièxiè (Shieh-shieh)
- You’re welcome: Bù kèqì (Boo kuh-chi)
- Good morning: Zǎo (Zhow)
- Goodnight: Wǎn’ān (One-un)
- My name is…: Wǒ jiào (
- My friend’s name is: Wǒ de péngyǒu jiào…
What is basic Mandarin?
Basic Mandarin Greetings Hello: 你好 – nǐ hǎo. I am: 我是– wǒ shì How are you?: 你好吗– nǐ hǎo ma. I’m good thanks: 我很好的谢谢– wǒ hěn hǎo xiè xiè Have you eaten?: 你吃了吗– nǐ chī le ma.
What are some cool Chinese words?
Cool Chinese Words
- 94 九四 (jiǔ sì) “Exactly”
- PMP “Brown Noser”
- 算了 (suàn le) “Whatever, forget it”
- 去你的! (qù nǐ de!) “Go away!”
- 土 (tǔ) “Unfashionable”
- 没门儿 (méi mén er) “No Way!”
- 亲 (qīn) “Baby” or “Bae”
- 哥们 (Gē men) “Bro”