- 1 How do you say can you speak Chinese in Mandarin?
- 2 Why is Chinese called Hanyu?
- 3 What is China’s nickname?
- 4 Can I use WhatsApp in China?
- 5 What did you say in Chinese?
- 6 Should I learn Cantonese or Mandarin?
- 7 What does Shuo mean in Chinese?
- 8 How do you say my Chinese is OK?
- 9 How do I learn Chinese?
- 10 What countries use Mandarin?
- 11 What does Huayu mean in Chinese?
- 12 Who invented Chinese writing?
How do you say can you speak Chinese in Mandarin?
Of course, you can say 中文 (zhong1 wen2) instead of 汉语. That is not the big question here, but rather that you have to include 会, which underlines that you ask if the person you are speaking to, can speak Chinese or not.
Why is Chinese called Hanyu?
中文 zhōng wén Literally means Chinese text. Although this word literally means Chinese text, it is used to refer to both spoken and written Chinese. This should be the word you use whenever you are referring to Chinese.
What is China’s nickname?
China – The Red Dragon The dragon is as much part of Chinese culture today as it has been throughout the centuries; hence it has become the country’s nickname. But why is it called the “Red” Dragon?
Can I use WhatsApp in China?
Why is WhatsApp illegal in China? WhatsApp is owned by Facebook, which is also blocked in China. Since Facebook is unwilling to give the Chinese government permission to moderate and censor messages on WhatsApp, they blocked it.
What did you say in Chinese?
Chinese translation of ‘what did you say?’ 你说(說)什么(麼) ？ (ní shuō shénme?)
Should I learn Cantonese or Mandarin?
Mandarin is easier to learn As we covered above, Mandarin is easier to learn in regards to both writing and speaking. Cantonese is seen to be more difficult because it has from 6 to 9 tones, each of which signify different things (while Mandarin only has 4 tones).
What does Shuo mean in Chinese?
English translation of 说 ( shuo / shuō ) – to say in Chinese.
How do you say my Chinese is OK?
How to Say OK in Chinese
- 1. 好 pinyin. hǎo literal. good liberal. ok. In Chinese, 好literally means good.
- 2. 好的 pinyin. hǎo de literal. good liberal. ok.
- 3. 好啊 pinyin. hǎo ‘a literal. good liberal. ok.
- 4. 好的啊 pinyin. hǎo de ‘a literal. good liberal. ok.
How do I learn Chinese?
How to Learn Chinese: My Top 6 Tips
- Listen to Mandarin as Often as Possible.
- Devote Time to Memorizing Characters.
- Recognize Patterns Rather than Rules.
- Read More than You Can Handle.
- Get the Rhythm of the Language to Master the Tones.
- Speak a lot and Don’t Second Guess Yourself.
What countries use Mandarin?
Mandarin is the official language of Mainland China and Taiwan. It is also an official language in Singapore. Additionally, Mandarin is spoken in Hong Kong (China S.A.R.) and Macau (China S.A.R.), as well as in Malaysia and Tibet.
What does Huayu mean in Chinese?
Chinese English Pinyin Dictionary Search with English, Pinyin, or Chinese characters. 话语 Trad. 話語 huà yǔ words speech utterance discourse.
Who invented Chinese writing?
According to legend, Chinese characters were invented by Cangjie, a bureaucrat under the legendary Yellow Emperor. Inspired by his study of the animals of the world, the landscape of the earth and the stars in the sky, Cangjie is said to have invented symbols called zì (字) – the first Chinese characters.